Hyperion, your one-stop Tools & Supplies Superstore!
Part Number: HP-TLTRDLOCKMEDJP
Hyperion Blue Threadlocker 243 is a medium strength, General purpose Adhesive. Suitable for all metal threaded assemblies.
Hyperion Blue Threadlocker 243 is a general purpose threadlocker of medium bond strength. This threadlocker secures and seal bolts, nuts and studs to prevent loosening due to vibration. The product works on all metals, including passive substrates such as stainless steel, aluminum and plated surfaces. It is proven to be tolerant of minor contamination due to industrial oils, e.g. engine oils, corrosion prevention oils and cutting fluids.
- Prevents loosening on vibrating assemblies, e.g. Rc gas engines, Electric geared motors, etc.
- Works on all metals, including passive substrates (e.g. stainless steel, aluminum, plated surfaces)
- Proven to tolerate minor contamination by industrial oils, e.g. engine oils, corrosion prevention oils and cutting fluids
- Permits disassembly with hand tools for servicing
Included with the Package:
- Hyperion Blue ThreadLocker 243 Medium Strength (10ml) x 1
- Chemical Type: Dimethacrylate ester
- Appearance (uncured): Blue liquid
- Fluorescence: Positive under UV light
- Compound: Single compound (requires no mixing)
- Viscosity: Medium, thixotropic
- Cure: Anaerobic
- Secondary Cure: Activator
- Application: Threadlocking
- Strength: Medium
Store product in the unopened container in a dry location. Storage information may be indicated on the product container labeling. Optimal Storage: 8 °C to 21 °C. Storage below 8 °C or greater than 28 °C can adversely affect product properties.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
For safe handling information on this product, consult the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Where aqueous washing systems are used to clean the surfaces before bonding, it is important to check for compatibility of the washing solution with the adhesive. In some cases these aqueous washes can affect the cure and performance of the adhesive.
This product is not normally recommended for use on plastics (particularly thermoplastic materials where stress cracking of the plastic could result). Users are recommended to confirm compatibility of the product with such substrates.
Directions for use:
- For best results, clean all surfaces (external and internal) with a cleaning solvent and allow to dry
- If the cure speed is too slow, use appropriate activator. Please see the Cure Speed vs. Activator graph for reference. Allow the activator to dry when needed
- Shake the product thoroughly before use
- To prevent the product from clogging in the nozzle, do not allow the tip to touch metal surfaces during application
- For Thru Holes, apply several drops of the product onto the bolt at the nut engagement area
- For Blind Holes, apply several drops of the product to the lower third of the internal threads in the blind hole, or the bottom of the blind hole
- For Sealing Applications, apply a 360° bead of product to the leading threads of the male fitting, leaving the first thread free. Force the material into the threads to thoroughly fill the voids.
- For bigger threads and voids, adjust product amount accordingly and apply a 360° bead of product on the female threads also
- Assemble and tighten as required
- Remove with standard hand tools
- In rare instances where hand tools do not work because of excessive engagement length, apply localized heat to nut or bolt to approximately 250 °C. Disassemble while hot
- Apply localized heat to the assembly to approximately 250 °C. Disassemble while hot